New Orleans Office
Julia’s practice is focused on public finance. She was awarded the “Tax-Credits Attorney of the Year in Louisiana” by Corporate International Magazine.
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRY TEAMS
▪ Public Finance
▪ Tax Credits
▪ Governmental Finance
▪ Opportunity Zone Team
Served as QALICB Counsel in closing numerous tax credit projects. Recent representative projects include:
▪ Counsel in a New Markets Tax Credit transaction for the construction and development of a new healthcare clinic for a federally qualified healthcare center located in Fort Worth, Texas
▪ Counsel in a New Markets Tax Credit transaction for the construction and development of cancer lodge facility in Jackson, Mississippi.
▪ Counsel in a New Markets Tax Credit transaction for the construction and development of a healthcare facility and community center located in Portland, Oregon.
▪ Counsel in a New Markets Tax Credit transaction for the expansion and equipping of a soy bean processing facility located in Sidon, Mississippi, which utilized Federal and Mississippi NMTCs. Special Counsel for the construction of a Ronald McDonald House located in Fort Worth, Texas, which utilized Federal NMTCs.
▪ Counsel in a New Markets Tax Credit transaction for the acquisition, construction and equipping of a manufacturing plant facility located in Springdale, Arkansas.
▪ Louisiana, 2011
▪ Texas, 2009
▪ Tax-Credits Attorney of the Year in Louisiana, 2014 Corporate International Magazine Global Award
▪ Texas Young Lawyers
▪ Texas Bar Association
▪ Louisiana Bar Association
▪ American Bar Association
▪ New Markets Tax Credits Working Group
▪ New Orleans Bar Association
EDUCATION & HONORS
▪ University of Dublin, Trinity College, L.L.M., European Law, 2010 ▪ Louisiana State University, J.D., D.C.L, 2009
▪ University of Delaware, honors program, B.A., History, 2005
▪ National Society of Collegiate Scholars
▪ Omicron Delta Kappa
▪ Golden Key International Honor Society
▪ Phi Alpha Theta, National History Honors Society
PAPERS, PRESENTATIONS, AND PUBLICATIONS
▪ Author and Speaker, “The New Markets Tax Credit: a powerful economic force for low income people and communities,” Texas Bar CLE Advanced Real Estate Law, July 13, 2017.